Here is a fun craft that I found on FaveCrafts that you can make with your child! You can make these sweet butterflies to decorate a Mother’s Day gift! You could also glue a magnet to the belly and make some pretty refrigerator magnets. Or glue them to a long skewer or any twig from outside and stick them in a potted plant or in a vase of flowers!
For one butterfly:
- 3 Glitter Pipe cleaners
- 5 pony beads
- 2 larger beads or buttons
- Make the body: Fold a pipe cleaner in half. Fold up the folded end up a bit so the beads won’t pass through.
- Place 5 pony beads on through both ends of the pipe cleaner.
- Place the larger bead, or button on to form the head. Push all the beads to the bottom (folded end) of the pipe cleaners.
- Form the 2 ends of the pipe cleaner into spirals to form the antennae.
- Make the wings: Form one pipe cleaner into a circle. Twist the ends together, but leave 1 inch at the end for attaching it to the body of the insect. Then twist the circle together in the center to for a figure “8”. Do that with the remaining pipe cleaner as well.
- Attach to the body, between the head and the next bead, by twisting the 1 inch protruding ends of the pipe cleaners around the body of the insect. Reshape the wings and antennae.